"This lovely layered dessert is my husband's favorite," relates Karen Bourne of Magrath, Alberta. "I always make it for our Christmas dinner, but it's excellent after any special meal."
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- In bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Drain raspberries, reserving juice; set berries aside.
- Line the bottom of a 3-qt. glass bowl with a fourth of the cake slices. Drizzle with one tablespoon raspberry juice. Spread with a fourth of the cream cheese mixture. Sift a fourth of the cocoa over the top. Sprinkle with a third of the berries. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cake, cream cheese and cocoa. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Trifle in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p38
Reviews for Raspberry Cocoa Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review