- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- Slice cake into 18-20 slices about 1/2 in. thick; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, beat cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla and the remaining sugar. Fold in 2 cups of the whipped cream; set remaining whipped cream aside for topping. Drain raspberries, reserving juice; set berries aside.
- Line the bottom of a 3-qt. glass bowl with a third of the cake slices. Drizzle with some of the raspberry juice. Spread with a fourth of the cream cheese mixture. Sift a fourth of the cocoa over the top. Sprinkle with a third of the berries. Repeat layers twice. Top with the remaining cream cheese mixture, whipped cream and sifted cocoa. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with fresh raspberries if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Cocoa Trifle
Sort By :
"Took this to a company party and EVERYBODY loved it!"
"I made this for Christmas and it was a hit! The raspberries and mint made it perfect for the holiday."
"I make this for every party I have because it's fantastic. It's my husband's favorite dessert and is always gone quickly."
"I have made this for many years and it has ALWAYS turned out wonderfully. Rather than buying a frozen pound cake, I make my own. It turns out a bit larger (more servings). Also I have used frozen whipped topping in place of the cream to save a few calories and time. I often make it with strawberries because of the price of raspberries. You really can't go wrong with this wonderful treat!"
"This recipe is WONDERFUL!! It is pretty easy and it tastes amazing. I've made it many times during the past few years and everyone loves it!"