- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened raspberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups flour just until combined.
- Press mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and orange peel. Combine the baking powder and remaining flour; gradually add to egg mixture. Sprinkle raspberries over the crust. Pour filling over the berries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and filing is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Citrus Bars in Country August/September 2001, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Citrus Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review