Raspberry Citrus Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened raspberries
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups flour just until combined.
- 2. Press mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and orange peel. Combine the baking powder and remaining flour; gradually add to egg mixture. Sprinkle raspberries over the crust. Pour filling over the berries.
- 4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and filing is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 304 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.