- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened raspberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups flour just until combined.
- Press mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and orange peel. Combine the baking powder and remaining flour; gradually add to egg mixture. Sprinkle raspberries over the crust. Pour filling over the berries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and filing is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Citrus Bars
"These did not turn out as I had hoped. I like the idea of the citrus and raspberries, but didn't like the end result. The orange peel was terribly over powering and gave the bars a bad texture. Maybe would be good with orange juice instead of peel. Also thought there wasn't enough filling for the amount of crust."