- 12 slices cinnamon bread, cubed
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle almonds over egg mixture. Combine butter and remaining brown sugar; drizzle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with raspberries. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry-Cinnamon French Toast
Sort By :
"very easy & tasty"
"I used rens suggestion (below) and made with apples instead of raspberries and almonds. Fantastic! The guests at my party loved it!"
"Followed the recipe exactly and my guests loved it! I'm not much of a baker/cook, but this recipe was so easy and delicious. Definitely one to add to the repertoire!"
"Very easy and delicious, rarely any left."
"Couldn't find plain cinnamon bread, so used oat-nut with extra cinnamon in the bread cubes, egg mixture, & topping mixture. Also used blueberries (were fresher). Turned out very well!! Omitted almonds on one end & my 18mo old grand daughter also enjoyed!! Will make again."