This moist French toast bake is a snap to assemble the night before and bake in the morning. While it's pleasantly sweet as is, let guests drizzle raspberry syrup over the top for a finishing touch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 slices cinnamon bread, cubed
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle almonds over egg mixture. Combine butter and remaining brown sugar; drizzle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with raspberries. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry-Cinnamon French Toast in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p44
Reviews for Raspberry-Cinnamon French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review