Raspberry-Cinnamon French Toast Recipe
This moist French toast bake is a snap to assemble the night before and bake in the morning. While it's pleasantly sweet as is, let guests drizzle raspberry syrup over the top for a finishing touch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 slices cinnamon bread, cubed
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1. Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle almonds over egg mixture. Combine butter and remaining brown sugar; drizzle over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with raspberries. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each equals 421 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC