Raspberry Chocolate Trifle Recipe
"Elegant but easy" perfectly describes this rich and creamy trifle. Prepared pound cake, frozen berries and instant pudding combine to create one mouthwatering masterpiece that is great for both weekday dinners or special—occasion suppers.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- Whipped topping
- Additional raspberries, optional
- 1. Mix milk and pudding according to package directions; chill. Cut cake into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 2-qt. glass bowl. In a small bowl, gently stir together raspberries and preserves; spoon half over cake.
- 2. Pour half of the pudding over raspberries. Cover with remaining cake cubes. Layer with remaining berries and pudding. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with whipped topping and raspberries if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1/2 cup: 493 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 88g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Chocolate Trifle
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2014
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC