"This recipe is constantly requested by family and friends," writes Janis Murphy of Redondo Beach, California. "Feel free to substitute other berries," she adds.
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using two 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy; stir in chopped pecans. Fold in whipped cream.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with a fourth of the cream cheese mixture. Arrange 1 cup raspberries over filling. Repeat layers three times. Garnish with pecan halves. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Chocolate Torte in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Chocolate Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2011
"Made this for my mother-in-law's birthday, and she loved it! Delicious and beautiful!"