Raspberry Chocolate Tart Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1. In a food processor, combine the flour, walnuts, sugar and salt; cover and process until walnuts are chopped. Add butter; pulse just until crumbly. Add egg yolks; process until small moist crumbs form. Shape into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Place dough between two pieces of waxed paper; roll into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of pan.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with jam. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Pour over crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Remove sides of pan. Arrange raspberries over the top. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 302 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.