Raspberry Chocolate Sauce
This is the perfect sauce to add to ice cream, cake or brownies. It has a wonderful fruity flavor.Linda Gronewaller, Hutchinson, Kansas
26 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (12 ounces) unsweetened frozen raspberries, thawed
- 34 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Puree raspberries in a food processor or blender. Press through a
- fine sieve; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine cocoa and cream. Add sugar, corn syrup, butter
- and raspberries; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat,
- stirring often. Boil for 8 minutes without stirring. Remove from the
- heat. Cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Spoon over ice cream, pound cake or brownies. Refrigerate leftovers
- in a covered container for up to 1 month. Yield: 3-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 415 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 21 g fiber, 21 g protein.