Raspberry Chocolate Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Fresh raspberries and additional white chips, chocolate chips and confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine chips and pecans; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut in half lengthwise and widthwise, making eight 6-in. squares.
- 2. Spoon the chip mixture in the center of each square. Pull all corners together below the tips of the corners, forming a pouch. Fold the corner tips down.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- 4. In a food processor, puree raspberries and confectioners' sugar. Strain and discard seeds. Spoon raspberry sauce onto dessert plates; top with pastry pouches. Garnish with raspberries and additional chips; dust with additional confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (calculated without the fresh raspberries, additional vanilla and raspberry chips and confectioners' sugar) equals 752 calories, 42 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 88 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 9 g protein.