Raspberry Chocolate Puffs Recipe
"This is my 'show-off' dessert because it makes a spectacular presentation," says Anneliese Deising of Plymouth, Michigan. "Every time I serve it, my friends rave about this fancy and fun treat. Although it looks like you fussed, the recipe is actually quick and easy."
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Fresh raspberries and additional white chips, chocolate chips and confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chips and pecans; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut in half lengthwise and widthwise, making eight 6-in. squares.
- Spoon the chip mixture in the center of each square. Pull all corners together below the tips of the corners, forming a pouch. Fold the corner tips down.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- In a food processor, puree raspberries and confectioners' sugar. Strain and discard seeds. Spoon raspberry sauce onto dessert plates; top with pastry pouches. Garnish with raspberries and additional chips; dust with additional confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Chocolate Puffs in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p68
Reviews for Raspberry Chocolate Puffs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Mother's Day Pastry Recipes >