"This is my 'show-off' dessert because it makes a spectacular presentation," says Anneliese Deising of Plymouth, Michigan. "Every time I serve it, my friends rave about this fancy and fun treat. Although it looks like you fussed, the recipe is actually quick and easy."
Recommended: 11 Best Recipes for Cream Puffs
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Optional ingredients: fresh raspberries and additional chocolate and white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss together chocolate chips, baking chips and pecans. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 12-in. square; cut each sheet into quarters, making four 6-in. squares.
- Place squares on ungreased baking sheets; top each with about 1/3 cup chocolate mixture. Lightly brush edges of pastry with water; bring together all corners, pinching seams to seal.
- Bake until golden brown, 18-20 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool slightly. Puree frozen raspberries with 1 cup confectioners' sugar in a food processor. Strain to remove seeds.
- To serve, dust pastries with confectioners' sugar. Serve with raspberry sauce and, if desired, fresh berries and additional chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Chocolate Puffs in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p68
Reviews for Raspberry Chocolate Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review