Raspberry-Chocolate Mini Muffins Recipe
These delicious little bites from Wendy Nickel of Kiester, Minnesota have a surprise inside: a sweet raspberry jam filling. They're easy to make, fast to bake...and oh, so good! "My husband ate almost the entire batch of these tasty morsels," Wendy says.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons chopped sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar
- 1. Dissolve cocoa in water; let stand until cool. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with cocoa mixture.
- 2. Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups half full. Drop 1/4 teaspoon of jam into the center of each; cover with 2 teaspoons batter. Sprinkle with almonds and sugar.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the chocolate portion comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
1 muffin equals 76 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC