These delicious little bites from Wendy Nickel of Kiester, Minnesota have a surprise inside: a sweet raspberry jam filling. They're easy to make, fast to bake...and oh, so good! "My husband ate almost the entire batch of these tasty morsels," Wendy says.
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons chopped sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar
- Dissolve cocoa in water; let stand until cool. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with cocoa mixture.
- Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups half full. Drop 1/4 teaspoon of jam into the center of each; cover with 2 teaspoons batter. Sprinkle with almonds and sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the chocolate portion comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
Originally published as Raspberry-Chocolate Mini Muffins in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p33
Reviews for Raspberry-Chocolate Mini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2013
"I make these without the coarse sugar. Very light and delicious! I love the raspberry filling."