Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
This eye-catching cheesecake showcases red raspberries and heavenly dark chocolate. It’s a treat in our house for special occasions. —Robinne Hurt, Crossfield, Alberta
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 38 wafers)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 packages (two 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- 1. Combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool slightly.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In another large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar; stir in cooled gelatin. Transfer half of the mixture to another bowl.
- 4. To one bowl, fold in melted chocolate and half of the whipped cream. Pour over prepared crust. To the other bowl, gently fold in the remaining whipped cream, then the raspberries. Pour over chocolate layer. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 5. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with berries and mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice (calculated without garnish) equals 472 calories, 36 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC