- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 38 wafers)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 packages (two 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- Combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In another large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar; stir in cooled gelatin. Transfer half of the mixture to another bowl.
- To one bowl, fold in melted chocolate and half of the whipped cream. Pour over prepared crust. To the other bowl, gently fold in the remaining whipped cream, then the raspberries. Pour over chocolate layer. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with berries and mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake
Sort By :
"The instructions are confusing. It tells you to mix cream cheese and set aside and then to mix more cream cheese with sugar and stir in gelatin and transfer half of thisto another bowl. How many bowls of cream cheese do we need and how much is in the small bowl and how much is in the large bowl...?"
"SO pretty and SO delicious! Not too sweet. Made this for Easter dessert. My family loved it!"
"I think the crust should have been baked in order to hold its shape, and I totally agree with the "bland" rating. It is much more attractive than it is good tasting."
"It's attractive and sounds good. But, it was a bit tedious to make, and the flavor is rather disappointingly bland. Chocolate layer not chocolately enough, and lacks a vibrant raspberry flavor."