Raspberry-Chipotle Glazed Ham
Looking to liven up your same-old holiday ham? Try this recipe, which features a sweet and spicy sauce.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (9 to 10 pounds)
- 2-1/4 cups seedless raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, drained, seeded and minced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 2-1/2 hours;.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the jam, vinegar, peppers and
- garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5
- Brush some of the sauce over ham. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until
- thermometer reads 140°, brushing twice with sauce. Sprinkle
- pepper over ham. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 342 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,852 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or