Looking to liven up your same-old holiday ham? Try this recipe, which features a sweet and spicy sauce.
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (9 to 10 pounds)
- 2-1/4 cups seedless raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, drained, seeded and minced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 hours;.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the jam, vinegar, peppers and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Brush some of the sauce over ham. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until thermometer reads 140°, brushing twice with sauce. Sprinkle pepper over ham. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry-Chipotle Glazed Ham in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p144
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Raspberry-Chipotle Glazed Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review