Raspberry Chipotle Glaze for Ham Recipe
Add something new to your traditional ham entree with this easy glaze. It covers an 8- to 10-pound ham and provides about 20 servings. —Mary Lou Wayman, Salt Lake City
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:20 servings
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, drained, seeded and minced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the jam, vinegar, peppers and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Brush over ham during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Sprinkle with pepper before serving. Yield: 1-2/3 cups (enough for an 8- to 10-pound ham).
4 teaspoons equals 45 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC