Kathy Hawkins of Gurnee, Illinois turns grilled tuna into something sensational with her zippy marinade featuring raspberry preserves and Thai chili sauce, a spicy staple in Thai cuisine. Serve on Romaine lettuce, garnish with fresh veggies and this entree is special enough for guests. TASTY TIP: Add baked potatoes or a crusty loaf of bread and fresh fruit cups for dessert…and dinner is served!
- 6 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (10 ounces) torn romaine
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add tuna; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for dressing.
- Drain tuna, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill tuna, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, carrot and cucumber; drizzle with remaining marinade and toss to coat. Divide among four plates. Top with grilled tuna. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry-Chili Tuna on Greens in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Raspberry-Chili Tuna on Greens
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2015
"really good flavor"
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2010
"This was a great and easy recipe. I made this under the broiler. My husband is dieabetic and was really great for his diet."
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2008