Raspberry-Chili Tuna on Greens Recipe
- 6 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (10 ounces) torn romaine
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add tuna; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for dressing.
- 2. Drain tuna, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill tuna, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine romaine, carrot and cucumber; drizzle with remaining marinade and toss to coat. Divide among four plates. Top with grilled tuna. Yield: 4 servings.
1 tuna steak with 1-1/2 cups salad equals 282 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.