Raspberry-Chili Tuna on Greens Recipe
Kathy Hawkins of Gurnee, Illinois turns grilled tuna into something sensational with her zippy marinade featuring raspberry preserves and Thai chili sauce, a spicy staple in Thai cuisine. Serve on Romaine lettuce, garnish with fresh veggies and this entree is special enough for guests. TASTY TIP: Add baked potatoes or a crusty loaf of bread and fresh fruit cups for dessert…and dinner is served!
- 6 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (10 ounces) torn romaine
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add tuna steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for dressing.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, carrot and cucumber; drizzle with reserved marinade and toss to coat. Divide among four plates. Top with grilled tuna. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry-Chili Tuna on Greens in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Raspberry-Chili Tuna on Greens
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2010
This was a great and easy recipe. I made this under the broiler. My husband is dieabetic and was really great for his diet.
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2008
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Salad Recipes >
- Grilled Salads >
- Grilled Tuna >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >