Raspberry Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
"The raspberry barbecue sauce makes my grilled chicken sandwiches special," writes Kelly Thornberry of LaPorte, Indiana. "I also use this sauce on meatballs, chicken wings and pork chops."
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 12 slices Muenster cheese, halved
- Shredded lettuce
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Set aside 1 cup for serving and remaining sauce for basting.
- 2. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut in half widthwise; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Seal bag and turn to coat. brush remaining oil over both sides of bread.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting frequently with raspberry sauce. Remove and keep warm.
- 4. Grill bread, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned on one side. Turn and top each piece of bread with a slice of cheese. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until bottom of bread is toasted. Place a piece of chicken, lettuce and reserved raspberry sauce on half of bread slices; top with remaining bread. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 322 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 713 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC