Raspberry Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 cup 100% raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 24 fresh raspberries
- 1. In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and vinegar; set aside 3/4 cup for dressing. Broil chicken 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with remaining raspberry mixture. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, arrange greens and onion on salad plates. Slice chicken; place over greens. Drizzle with reserved dressing. Garnish with raspberries. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 cups greens with 1 chicken breast half and 3 tablespoons dressing): 320 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.