Raspberry Chicken Salad
"This pretty summer salad is a snap to make, but it looks as though you fussed," writes Sue Zimonick of Green Bay, Wisconsin. The slightly tart dressing also serves as a basting sauce, which gives the thin slices of tender chicken breast a nice fruit flavor.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup 100% raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 24 fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and vinegar; set aside 3/4
- cup for dressing. Broil chicken 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes
- on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting
- occasionally with remaining raspberry mixture. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange greens and onion on salad plates. Slice chicken;
- place over greens. Drizzle with reserved dressing. Garnish with
- raspberries. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups greens with 1 chicken breast half and 3 tablespoons dressing equals 320 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon