"This pretty summer salad is a snap to make, but it looks as though you fussed," writes Sue Zimonick of Green Bay, Wisconsin. The slightly tart dressing also serves as a basting sauce, which gives the thin slices of tender chicken breast a nice fruit flavor.
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Raspberries
- 1 cup 100% raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 24 fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and vinegar; set aside 3/4 cup for dressing. Broil chicken 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with remaining raspberry mixture. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange greens and onion on salad plates. Slice chicken; place over greens. Drizzle with reserved dressing. Garnish with raspberries. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Chicken Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p5
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Raspberry Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review