Raspberry Chicken for Two
Basic skillet-cooked chicken gets a slightly sweet kick with this fresh, fun raspberry sauce. It’s great over rice, too. Anita H. Hennesy — Hagerstown, Maryland
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet
- coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 5-7
- minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Serve with
- chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 260 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.