This classic cheesecake is my family's favorite dessert and it is so delicious, I make it even in the winter using frozen raspberries.—Lori Manthorpe, Ile Bizard, Quebec
Recommended: 22 Easy Cheesecake Recipes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries, thawed and crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup black or red currant jelly
- 3 cups fresh or frozen whole raspberries
- For crust, combine flour, sugar and half of lemon peel. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in egg yolk and half of vanilla. Pat one-third of dough onto the bottom of 9-in. springform pan with the side removed. Bake at 400° for 7 minutes or until golden; cool. Attach side of pan to bottom; pat remaining dough onto side of pan to height of 1-3/4 in. Set aside.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in milk and salt. Add eggs and yolk, beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the remaining lemon peel.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Combine sauce ingredients in saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Remove from heat; strain to remove seeds. Cool. Just before serving, top cheesecake with raspberries and sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Cheesecake in Country Woman July/August 1990, p31
Reviews for Raspberry Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2015
"The cheesecake tasted so.... terrific. I tried it with the raspberry mousse recipe (as filling) and gave of a really raspberry taste the my family and I loved."