I'm frequently told these festive individual desserts are too pretty to eat! Phyllo dough is easy to work with - don't be afraid to try it for these special treats. With the bright red raspberries, these creamy cheese cups make a fine finale for Christmas dinner. -Brad Moritz, Limerick, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Top 10 Cheesecake Recipes
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fresh raspberries and mint
- Unroll phyllo dough sheets. While assembling, keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp cloth. Brush one phyllo sheet with butter. Top with another sheet; brush with butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo and butter. Cut stack lengthwise into three pieces; cut widthwise into fourths. Lightly press each stack into a greased muffin cup.
- In a blender, place the egg, lemon juice, vanilla, cheeses and sugar; cover and process until smooth. Spoon about 2 tablespoons into each phyllo cup. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove from pan to wire racks to cool. Cover and refrigerate.
- For sauce, drain raspberries, reserving the juice in a small saucepan; set berries aside. Bring juice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until reduced to 3/4 cup. In a blender, puree reserved raspberries; press through a sieve to remove seeds. In a bowl, combine pureed raspberries, raspberry juice, sugar and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, spoon raspberry sauce onto dessert plates; top each with a cheesecake cup. Garnish with fresh berries and mint. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Cheesecake Cups in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p31
Reviews for Raspberry Cheesecake Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review