Raspberry Cheese Danish
Your guests will think you made these yummy rolls from scratch...or bought them from a specialty bakery. No one needs to know the recipe calls for refrigerated dough! —Karen Weir, Litchfield, Connecticut
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- until smooth. Unroll crescent dough and separate into four
- rectangles; seal perforations. Cut each rectangle in half, making
- eight squares.
- Transfer squares to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread 1
- tablespoon cream cheese mixture diagonally across each square. Top
- with 1 tablespoon jam. Bring two opposite corners of dough over
- filling; pinch together firmly to seal.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Combine
- milk and remaining confectioners' sugar; drizzle over pastries.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 257 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.