Raspberry Cake Hearts Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 individual cream-filled sponge cakes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mint sprigs, optional
- 1. In a bowl, lightly toss together raspberries and sugar; set aside. Slice two sponge cakes diagonally widthwise in same direction. Slice remaining cakes diagonally in the opposite direction.
- 2. On each of four dessert plates, place two oppositely cut sponge cake wedges together to form a heart. Garnish with whipped topping and reserved raspberry mixture. Add mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 350 calories, 15g fat (11g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Raspberry Cake Hearts
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.