Raspberry Cake Hearts Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 individual cream-filled sponge cakes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mint sprigs, optional
- 1. In a bowl, lightly toss together raspberries and sugar; set aside. Slice two sponge cakes diagonally widthwise in same direction. Slice remaining cakes diagonally in the opposite direction.
- 2. On each of four dessert plates, place two oppositely cut sponge cake wedges together to form a heart. Garnish with whipped topping and reserved raspberry mixture. Add mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 350 calories, 15g fat (11g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Raspberry Cake Hearts
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.