Come Valentine's Day, Tisha Cottman knows that this pretty dessert is the way to her family's heart. "It's such a simple way to say 'I love you'," writes the Broken Arrow, Oklahoma homemaker of her annual treat. Best of all, each fun little heart takes only minutes to assemble from purchased snack cakes and can be prepared ahead of time. "It's sure to impress those you care about," Tisha adds.
Featured In: 20 Heart-Shaped Recipes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 individual cream-filled sponge cakes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mint sprigs, optional
- In a bowl, lightly toss together raspberries and sugar; set aside. Slice two sponge cakes diagonally widthwise in same direction. Slice remaining cakes diagonally in the opposite direction.
- On each of four dessert plates, place two oppositely cut sponge cake wedges together to form a heart. Garnish with whipped topping and reserved raspberry mixture. Add mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Cake Hearts in Country Woman January/February 2004, p28
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Cake Hearts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review