Raspberry Cabbage Salad
This salad goes great with any meaty main dish. Whenever I serve it for company, I'm asked to share the recipe. The flavorful combination of ingredients looks so pretty on salad plates.—Janet Berge, Richfield, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 cups shredded napa (chinese) cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- In a bowl, combine the jam, vinegar, oil, seasoned salt and
- lemon-pepper; mix well. On plates, arrange cabbage, tomatoes,
- avocado and cucumber; sprinkle with raspberries and onion. Drizzle
- with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 161 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.