Raspberry Cabbage Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 cups shredded napa (chinese) cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1. In a bowl, combine the jam, vinegar, oil, seasoned salt and lemon-pepper; mix well. On plates, arrange cabbage, tomatoes, avocado and cucumber; sprinkle with raspberries and onion. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 161 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.