Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and buttermilk; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in berries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until browned. Yield: 12-15 muffins.
1 each: 178 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins
"Yummy. Loved the smell. I will probably add a bit more liquid to my next batch. I live In a dry climate and the batter seemed a bit too thick."
"These were easy and good - but really needed a bit more sugar in the batter :)"
"Very tasty and great texture. Used blackberries, instead. Perfection."
"very good.. nice and moist."
"My DH loves raspberries. These look great! I too, love the crunch of sugar on top of a muffin. I always sprinkle sugar on my blueberry muffins...just like my Mom did!"
"These muffins are great! I used lemon juice and milk as a substitute for buttermilk and also used still frozen raspberries. A very light muffin."
"I used frozen raspberries too and they did turn out great. I also sprinkled some sugar, large crystals, over the tops for a little crunch. Delicious!"
"These were yummy! I used frozen mixed berries. I didn't thaw them as the recipe states and they still turned out great."