Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins
For a morning "lift", Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins are delicious eye-openers. They're easy to stir up and bake!
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in
- butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and
- buttermilk; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 25 minutes or until browned. Yield: 12-15 muffins.
Editor's Note: Frozen berries may be used if thawed and well drained.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 178 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.