- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and buttermilk; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in berries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until browned. Yield: 12-15 muffins.
Reviews for Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins
Sort By :
"Yummy. Loved the smell. I will probably add a bit more liquid to my next batch. I live In a dry climate and the batter seemed a bit too thick."
"These were easy and good - but really needed a bit more sugar in the batter :)"
"Very tasty and great texture. Used blackberries, instead. Perfection."
"very good.. nice and moist."
"My DH loves raspberries. These look great! I too, love the crunch of sugar on top of a muffin. I always sprinkle sugar on my blueberry muffins...just like my Mom did!"