For a morning "lift", Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins are delicious eye-openers. They're easy to stir up and bake!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and buttermilk; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in berries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until browned. Yield: 12-15 muffins.
Originally published as Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p13
Reviews for Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review