- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and buttermilk; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in berries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until browned. Yield: 12-15 muffins.
Reviews for Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins(6)
Sort By :
Very tasty and great texture. Used blackberries, instead. Perfection.
very good.. nice and moist.
My DH loves raspberries. These look great! I too, love the crunch of sugar on top of a muffin. I always sprinkle sugar on my blueberry muffins...just like my Mom did!
These muffins are great! I used lemon juice and milk as a substitute for buttermilk and also used still frozen raspberries. A very light muffin.
I used frozen raspberries too and they did turn out great. I also sprinkled some sugar, large crystals, over the tops for a little crunch. Delicious!