- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough
- in half. On greased baking sheets, roll each portion into a
- 14x12-in. rectangle. Cut each rectangle into three 14x4-in. strips.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons jam down the center of each strip. Bring long
- edges together over filling; pinch to seal. Braid three strips
- together; pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Repeat with the
- remaining strips. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat egg and water; brush over loaves. Bake
- 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough
- water to achieve desired consistency. Brush over warm loaves. Yield:
- 2 loaves (15 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 163 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.