Raspberry Breakfast Braid Recipe
We like using blackberries, marionberries, a mixture of raspberries and blackberries or all three in this quick and easy pastry. —Tressa Nicholls, Sandy, Oregon
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla frosting
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place biscuit mix in a large bowl. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times.
- 2. On a greased baking sheet, roll dough into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Spoon raspberries down center third of dough; sprinkle with sugar.
- 3. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across raspberries; seal ends.
- 4. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool slightly. In a microwave-safe dish, microwave frosting on high 5-10 seconds or until of desired consistency; drizzle over pastry. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 185 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Breakfast Braid
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC