Raspberry Breakfast Braid
We like using blackberries, marionberries, a mixture of raspberries and blackberries or all three in this quick and easy pastry. —Tressa Nicholls, Sandy, Oregon
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla frosting
- Place biscuit mix in a large bowl. Cut in cream cheese and butter
- until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until
- moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10
- On a greased baking sheet, roll dough into an 18-in. x 12-in.
- rectangle. Spoon raspberries down center third of dough; sprinkle
- with sugar.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2 in. into center.
- Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across
- raspberries; seal ends.
- Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a
- wire rack to cool slightly. In a microwave-safe dish, microwave
- frosting on high for 5-10 seconds or until of desired consistency;
- drizzle over pastry. Yield: 12 servings.