- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place biscuit mix in a large bowl. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times.
- On a greased baking sheet, roll dough into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Spoon raspberries down center third of dough; sprinkle with sugar.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across raspberries; seal ends.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool slightly. In a microwave-safe dish, microwave frosting on high 5-10 seconds or until of desired consistency; drizzle over pastry. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Breakfast Braid
Sort By :
"Sounds good! going to give it a try"
"Made with a sweetened cream cheese, egg, and orange zest filling in addition to 2-3 cups of frozen raspberries. I didn't let them thaw, just popped them in frozen. I didn't add any frosting or glaze as the cream cheese filling added a nice flavor and sweetener. I made it the night before and tried it warm. It was good, slightly better than the next morning (after spending the night in the fridge), but not so much better that I need to get up super early to make it in the morning instead."
"I substituted and put in raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries. Tasted good, my braid wasn't the best but oh we'll."
"I made my own frosting as suggested and drizzled it over straight out of the oven. Came out delicious. It was a little more involved than I anticipated though, so I wouldn't recommend this if you have divided attention in the morning, but if you have a half an hour to dedicate to prep, do it, your family will thank you!"
"This braid is much better with the powdered sugar frosting that I suggested when I submitted this recipe - mix 1 Tablespoon each of cream cheese and butter (margarine), about 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and some milk to make the frosting smooth. spread over entire braid when it is still a bit warm. So much better than just a tiny drizzle of not so good purchased frosting! - Tressa*do not thaw berries, use them straight from the freezer, or use fresh berries*"