Raspberry Bran Muffins
"Consider this recipe when you're looking to bring a healthy addition to the breakfast table," suggests Suzanne McKinley from Lyons, Georgia. These wholesome not-too-sweet muffins have a golden brown crust.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat or oat bran
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, bran, sugar, baking powder and
- salt. In another bowl, beat egg substitute, milk and oil; stir into
- dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill
- two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield:
- 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 122 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.