Raspberry Bran Muffins Recipe
"Consider this recipe when you're looking to bring a healthy addition to the breakfast table," suggests Suzanne McKinley from Lyons, Georgia. These wholesome not-too-sweet muffins have a golden brown crust.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup wheat or oat bran
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, bran, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg substitute, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Bran Muffins in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p60
Reviews for Raspberry Bran Muffins(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review