Raspberry Basil Chicken
This recipe turns ordinary raspberry jam into a sweet succulent glaze. With its attractive color and delicious flavor, this chicken is great to serve family and friends.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- basil, salt and pepper. Top with onion. Cover and bake at 375°
- for 30 minutes. Drain pan juices and reserve 1/2 cup (add water to
- make 1/2 cup if necessary). Add jam; pour over chicken. Bake,
- uncovered, basting occasionally, for 25 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (14 ounces) equals 431 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.