Raspberry Bars Recipe
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup broken walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar, flour, butter and egg yolks. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool. Spread jam over crust; sprinkle with nuts.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Spread meringue over nuts.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. To cut into bars, use a knife dipped in hot water. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 bar equals 118 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Bars
"These are delicious! I grew up in Hungary eating these. My mom called them N?i Szesz?ly. These are impressive taken to a gathering. Thank you for the recipe."
"These are awesome!"