Raspberry Barbecue Wings Recipe
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, optional, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, jam, chopped onion, peppers, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon liquid smoke if desired and salt; mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. Place chicken wings in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Top with sliced onion and remaining garlic. Combine water and remaining liquid smoke if desired; pour over wings. Cover and bake at 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 3. Transfer wings to a greased broiler pan; brush with sauce. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 20-25 minutes, turning and basting every 5 minutes or until wings are well coated. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
3 pieces equals 197 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Barbecue Wings
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer