Raspberry Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened raspberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place garlic on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Place softened garlic in a small saucepan. Add remaining ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat 15-20 minutes until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 3. Transfer to a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Strain seeds. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 83 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.