Raspberry Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Raspberries replace the traditional tomatoes in this unique barbecue sauce shared by Garnet Pirre of Helena, Montana. Red pepper flakes add a little kick to the thick ruby-red sauce. "This is great over chicken breasts or pork tenderloin," Garnet reports. "Brush on the sauce near the end of the grilling time>"
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened raspberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion powder
- Place garlic on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Place softened garlic in a small saucepan. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Transfer to a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Strain seeds. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Barbecue Sauce in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p61
Reviews for Raspberry Barbecue Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review