Raspberry Baked Apples Dessert
Apples take on a summertime twist in versatile Raspberry Baked Apples. This colorful combination may be served warm of cold as a side dish or dessert the whole family would enjoy.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 6 medium tart apples, quartered
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Stir in water and berries. Cut
- a lengthwise strip of peel from the center of each apple quarter;
- discard peel and stir apples into raspberry mixture. Pour into a
- greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until apples are tender,
- spooning sauce over apples every 15 minutes. Serve warm with cream.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 110 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, trace protein.