Raspberry Baked Alaska Pie Recipe
“I’m sharing one of my family’s very favorite pie recipes. I love making it for special occasions, and assembling it the day before leaves extra time to spend with loved ones.” —Dagmar Vena, Nepean, Ontario
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4-1/2 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate; freeze until set.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in raspberries and lemon peel. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; transfer to a small bowl. Cool slightly; refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Spread 1-1/2 cups ice cream into crust; cover and freeze for 1 hour. Drizzle with 1/2 cup raspberry sauce; freeze until set. Repeat layers, freezing after each layer. Top with remaining ice cream. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- 4. In a large heavy saucepan, combine egg whites and sugar. With a hand mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating over low heat until egg mixture reaches 160°, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; beat until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 5. Immediately spread meringue over ice cream, sealing to edges of pie. Heat with a creme brulee torch or broil 8 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Serve immediately with remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup sauce).
1 piece with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 321 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Baked Alaska Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC