- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove cake. Spread with jam and top with pie filling. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle over filling. Combine the sour cream, vanilla and remaining sugar; spread over top.
- Bake 10 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Apple Cake in Country Extra September 2006, p49
Reviews for Raspberry Apple Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review