Raspberry Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 10 egg whites
- 1-1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; beat in cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add the extracts. Gradually beat in sugar until stiff, scraping bowl occasionally. Sift flour over beaten whites; sprinkle with berries. Gently fold flour and raspberries into batter until well mixed. Pour into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert the pan; cool completely, about 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 65 calories, 0.550g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch
Reviews for Raspberry Angel Food Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.