Raspberry Angel Food Cake
Raspberry Angel Food Cake is a light dessert dotted with fresh raspberries recommended by Christine Wallat of Greenfield, Wisconsin.
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 10 egg whites
- 1-1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; beat in cream of tartar
- until soft peaks form. Add the extracts. Gradually beat in sugar
- until stiff, scraping bowl occasionally. Sift flour over beaten
- whites; sprinkle with berries. Gently fold flour and raspberries
- into batter until well mixed. Pour into an ungreased 10-in. tube
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned and
- entire top appears dry. Immediately invert the pan; cool completely,
- about 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1 starch; also, 65 calories, 35 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 13 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, trace fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white