Not only is this is a refreshing dessert, but it's virtually fat-free and has no cholesterol. Best of all, it's a special and delicious treat that comes together easily. -Sheri Erickson of Montrose, Iowa
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fold in extracts. Spoon two-thirds of the batter into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Add gelatin powder to remaining batter; drop by tablespoonfuls over batter in pan. Cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Bake according to package directions. Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack; cool completely, about 1 hour. Carefully run a knife around sides of pan to remove cake. Cut into slices.
- Combine raspberries and sugar; serve over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Angel Cake in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p19
Reviews for Raspberry Angel Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review