- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fold in extracts. Spoon two-thirds of the batter into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Add gelatin powder to remaining batter; drop by tablespoonfuls over batter in pan. Cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Bake according to package directions. Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack; cool completely, about 1 hour. Carefully run a knife around sides of pan to remove cake. Cut into slices.
- Combine raspberries and sugar; serve over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Angel Cake
"This is a very easy recipe that looks nice, and will please almost anyone! It is sweet and refreshing!"
"My two year old twin boys devoured the cake, with whipped cream of course!"
"Did you Pam the pan or butter it? If you did, don't. That's my only thought. I've made this cake at least a dozen times and I've never had a problem."
"Can anyone tell me why my cake fell out of the angel food cake pan when I turned it upside down? This happened about 5 minutes after I turned it upside down. Then it collapsed after it came out of the pan.Tasted good, but didn't look so great.Disappointed."
"My guest found the cake delightful. They particularly found the sauce the best ever. I followed the receipe but added 2 tablespoons of Chambord liquer which added flavor."
"Great recipe. I added a little drip frosting and on the top, sides and bottom of the angel food, then put the raspberries around the entire cake and in clusters of three on the top. It was delicious. I already was told what I have to make at the next get-together."
"I used this cake for a baby shower and it was very pretty and well liked. I plan to also make it using other combinations of jello and fruit. It will be my number one dessert this summer."
"It looks good but I think I will try it with strawberries."
"I did this one with Strawberry/Banana sugar free Jello and then used Pineapple chunks for a Banana Split Cake"
"I made it and added more raspberries - there wasn't any left!"